Saturday, February 7, 2009

The apology of Christian Bale.


The Diva...I mean actor Christian Bale issued an apology for the "misunderstanding" that happened on the set of "Terminator: Salvation".

He called in to Los Angeles' KROQ Friday morning and apologized on the Kevin & Bean show. “It’s been a miserable week for me." he declared.

"Listen, I know I have a pottymouth, everybody knows that now, but I understand this is live, so please don't worry, I will behave."

"The thing that I really want to stress is that I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order, beyond belief. I was way out of order. I acted like a punk. I regret that and there is nobody that has heard that tape that it's hit harder by it than me. So I make no excuses for it. It is inexcusable and I hope that is absolutely clear.”

“One thing that has really disturbed me throughout this, because I’m not familiar, I'm comfortable yet with this notion of being a movie star. I’m an actor and I’m don’t quite know how to handle the movie star thing. The thing that disturbs me so much is that I’ve heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think I’m better than anybody else."

"I'm embarrassed by it. I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves, have they ever had a bad day and have they ever lost their temper and really regretted it immensely."

"Feel free to make fun of me at my expense; I deserve it completely."


Oh yes, Mr. Bale. We are having fun at you expense for being so stupid!

I have worked on movie sets before, with directors like Steven Spielberg (Amistad in 1997) and George Clooney (Man staring at goats, 2008) among others and professionalism is the norm. DP's go into sets to check the lighting. It's part of the job! No actor, in my experience has ever complained about this. On the contrary, they always take it in stride and joke and laugh about it.
Mr. Bale's reaction was exaggerated and in very poor taste. The DP was not unprofessional, Mr. Bale was!

And this is not a common occurrence with Mr. Bale. He has earned the nickname of "Tanty" because of the constant temper tantrums he throws on sets when things don't go his way.

Mr. Bale should be grateful that he has a job that pays millions of dollars to play "dress-up" and "pretend" emotions. In this bad economy, he has been blessed. Thinking that the world revolves around him, does not help your cause. Remember, those that you trample on your way up, will be waiting for you, on your way down!

That's it. That's all I'm saying about that.

No comments: